Subscribe to T.M. Harris' Blog
__________________________________________________________

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

How to Get MORE Traffic to Your Website, EASILY

I wanted to give you a quick tip, that I've used to propel my
website to snagging more traffic for myself...and you don't need
any fancy expensive software to accomplish this.

The tip for the day is...

STUDY THE TRAFFIC THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY GETTING

Sound dumb? Well, it's not. I personally use Google Analytics to
track all of my sites' traffic. With it, I get to:

* see how many unique visitors I've received
* how many pages they surf on my site before leaving
* what sites people are coming from to get to my page
* what keywords people are using on Google to visit my page

When I study the keywords, I usually take the long-tail keywords
(the ones where someone is typing a question instead of a real term)
and create articles out of those keywords. I write the article and
tell people to visit my main site.

I might rewrite a few variations of the articles, based on the
keywords, and I might even 'spin' the article using my software,
into several different articles. This way, I'll be able to post a
different article on the SAME keyword to different article
directories. Plus, the backlinks I get are stupendous.

Without trying, I ended up getting close to 500 backlinks to one of
my sites, according to Yahoo! Search.

But the fact of the matter is...I'm studying the keywords, and
making articles from them to drive more PR and backlinks to my site.


By studying the referring sites that people are coming from to get
to my page, I visit those sites, and see if there's anything I can
do to revise the page (if possible) to get more traffic.

Sometimes I notice that I get traffic from forum posts I make. I do
advertise my blogs in my forum signatures wherever I go. So, if I'm
getting traffic from forum posts, I might change up my signature to
see if I'll get more traffic, or maybe even make more posts on that
particular forum, since people are visiting my site from there.

If it's from traffic exchanges, I might change up my squeeze page a
bit or alter my splash page if I have one set up.

If it's from online classifieds, then I go into my account and edit
the post. I know with Craigslist, you can go in and edit the posts
you make on there. And then I might 'spin' the ad to come up with a
totally new ad, and really flood the site.


See, you just have to think creatively and resourcefully.

Google Analytics is free to anyone in the world. Get it for your
site at: http://www.google.com/analytics

Honestly, it's probably the best thing I could've ever signed up for
since I've been online.


And now that you know one of the 'secrets' I was going to leave for
an ebook, now you can go out there and start pulling in more traffic
to your sites.


Comments are more than welcome...and leave your website URL
because it's an instant backlink lol


I'm gonna stock up on some Orange Juice and tea so I can shake this
cold. The Vicks Vaporub works, but not for long... :(



Regards,
T.M.

CEO, T.M. Harris LLC
-- tmharris.net --

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon! Thank you for all the very useful info.

Melody
www.ultimategpssystems.com

Anonymous said...

Hey TM,

Hope you get to feel better soon.

Thanks for this great tip. My problem is that I am not very imaginative : - ) As I go along, I improve a bit, and it helps to get useful tips like this.

Later,

Barry

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Great tips. I hope you feel better soon.
I use Google on a couple of things, but I think I should use it on everything. It is a good system

Mike said...

Great advice yet again Tim.
Many thanks.

Sorry you're feeling yuk!
Hope you and the family get back to 100% really soon.

Mike