Subscribe to T.M. Harris' Blog
__________________________________________________________

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Why Having a Big Email Mailing List May Be Bad and Even Hurt You...

I didn't realize this until the other day when I read this guide "Sneaky Cost Cutters Revealed", but I figured that I would tell you anyway.

Are you aware that if you have over 10,000 email subscribers with Aweber, that you can actually be charged an additional $9.99 per month? Yeah...and extra $9.99! You get the unlimited package for $19.99 a month, but the only thing that is not unlimited is the numbers of subscribers that you can manage. I had no idea about that.

Anyway, if you're trying to get a big list, I definitely invite you to do so. I encourage it. Having a huge audience is the most vital piece of having an internet marketing empire, and even I strive for it in my niches. It becomes the backbone of your business, and creates a lucritive income for all who take full advantage of it.

But occasionally, you need to do some cleanup to your mailing list. Even though people unsubscribe, they are still on your list...you just can't email them. Those dead leads are only taking up space. So every now and then, you need to go through your control panel on Aweber and delete all of the bounced, doubled and unsubscribed leads.

Bounced leads are leads whose emails addresses cannot be contacted because


  1. their email address got suspended for extended inactivity (usually with free email services)

  2. their email address no longer exists because the user closed it out (usually with paid email services)

  3. their email inbox is too full and has met its storage quota


These leads are just wasting your quota, so tell them to bounce!

Doubled leads are leads that appear on more than one of your mailing lists. That means they could be on two or more lists, and it's just taking up precious spaces that you're paying for every month. So, delete duplicate email addresses ASAP!

Unsubscribed leads are people who basically said, "I'm no longer interested...I'm out!", and then unsubscribed from your list. Hey, it happens to the best of us, and it happens to me everyday, as well as my other colleagues. But in the end, even though they don't want you to talk to them anymore, their email is STILL on your list, taking up valuable space. Delete it!

Always play cleanup with your Aweber account, and you can save yourself $10 a month on your Aweber bill.

Anywho, this is one sneaky little cost cutter that Aweber didn't want you to know. There are others...with the some that are way more valuable than this tip. Definitely a must read, especially for the $5.99 I have it for from this site.



Sneaky Cost Cutters Exposed!

No comments: